'How long have you been out here for?' A reporter asked, as she shoved a microphone into the face of a woman wearing a union jack hat with a homemade banner attached to the railings. Clearly enjoying the attention the woman smiled, giving the same answer she probably gave to all reporters who came by.
Just off to the side of these studios, behind gates, stood huge satellite dishes and news caravans that hummed. Walking along Constitution Hill, Green Park, a peaceful retreat from the hoopla. Shaded, cool and quiet it didn't seem as though it was in the same area. Walking back towards Buckingham Palace, it was warm outside and I wished I'd left my coat back at the hotel. Except that it could, and did, turn cool at times.
There was an enormous amount of people, though not as many as there would be this time tomorrow. Nothing was happening. Maybe they were here for the same reason I was. Not to stake a claim on the pavement but to observe, take pictures and like me, savor the moment of just being there.
© Marilyn Braun 2011
Thank you for enjoying this article. If you use the information for research purposes, a link to credit the work I've put into writing it would be appreciated.
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
If you check the top left hand corner of the blog, just above recent articles, you'll see that I welcome questions on royalty. I love an...
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
63/500 In Public View: Nation's Album of the Royal Family Published 1984 200 Pages For a as long as the camera has ...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (53)
- Does blogging about Catherine make me a hypocrite?...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 29, 2011 - Prince ...
- Calling all royal bloggers - The Royal Blog Commen...
- Royal Review: BBC - The Royal Wedding DVD
- Going once, going twice, sold!! A brief history of...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 22, 2011 - Does Pi...
- Fergie's back, and she's feeling sorrier for herse...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 15, 2011 - Royal W...
- The Curious Case of Catherine's Womb
- To wipe away your tears of joy...
- William and Catherine's strange bedfellows
- The Royal Wedding Report for Sunday May 8, 2011
- Brace yourselves Middleton family, this is just th...
- How long have you been out here for?
- Whatever you do, don't go to sleep!
- I'm in London, baby!
- All about the dress
- ▼ May (17)
- ► 2010 (102)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)