You already know that Catherine Middleton's wedding dress was designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. But did you know Kate reportedly held her secret meetings with the designer in Henry VIII's favorite palace? Or that the workers who did the embroidery had to wash their hands every 30 minutes to keep the lace clean?
If you want to see the dress in real life, you may get the chance. A Clarence House spokeswoman says the Duchess of Cambridge is "considering a number of options" for putting the dress on public display.
And if you want to get married in a dress like Kate's, that's possible, too. Low-priced designers are racing to create copies.
Photo source: The British Monarchy
Text © World of Royalty
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
Invariably labeled 'slow', 'backward' and a 'lunatic', his memory is destined to be clouded by mystery. Considered u...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
Hard to believe that it has been 18 years since Diana's death. I will never forget where I was when I heard she had been in an accident....
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (53)
- Does blogging about Catherine make me a hypocrite?...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 29, 2011 - Prince ...
- Calling all royal bloggers - The Royal Blog Commen...
- Royal Review: BBC - The Royal Wedding DVD
- Going once, going twice, sold!! A brief history of...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 22, 2011 - Does Pi...
- Fergie's back, and she's feeling sorrier for herse...
- The Royal Report for Sunday May 15, 2011 - Royal W...
- The Curious Case of Catherine's Womb
- To wipe away your tears of joy...
- William and Catherine's strange bedfellows
- The Royal Wedding Report for Sunday May 8, 2011
- Brace yourselves Middleton family, this is just th...
- How long have you been out here for?
- Whatever you do, don't go to sleep!
- I'm in London, baby!
- All about the dress
- ▼ May (17)
- ► 2010 (102)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)