Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Royal Book Challenge: Gin O'Clock by The Queen (of Twitter)
Gin O'clock by The Queen (of Twitter)
Queen Elizabeth is quite possibly one of the most enigmatic public figures of our times. During the course of her reign she has never given an interview. To gain an insight into what makes the Queen tick we are reliant on royal commentators, authors, indiscreet friends, relatives and former employees to fill in the blanks.
In a spin-off of her twitter account, the Queen has published extracts from her recent diaries to reveal a humorous side so rarely portrayed on currency. With liberal doses of gin, the Queen reveals her true thoughts about her ministers, world events, phone hacking, the Middleton's, Eurovision songs and State Karaoke. Family members are included in all of their quirky and sequined glory. As a special treat, we are privy to select emails, her Christmas shopping lists as well as a preliminary draft of her annual Christmas message.
Insightful and good fun. Heavy on current events and politicians, hopefully the Queen will consider updating future editions for those unfamiliar with the names Nick Clegg, David Cameron and President Obama.
© Marilyn Braun 2012
Thank you for enjoying this article. If you use the information for research purposes, a link to credit the work I've put into writing it would be appreciated.
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
If you check the top left hand corner of the blog, just above recent articles, you'll see that I welcome questions on royalty. I love an...
Invariably labeled 'slow', 'backward' and a 'lunatic', his memory is destined to be clouded by mystery. Considered u...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
Hard to believe that it has been 18 years since Diana's death. I will never forget where I was when I heard she had been in an accident....
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- Royal Book Challenge: Gin O'Clock by The Queen (of...
- Robert Lacey on the Queen and Diana
- Royal Book Challenge: Eating Royally by Darren McG...
- Pippa Middleton, close your eyes and think of Engl...
- Royal Book Challenge: Our Queen by Robert Hardman
- Royal Book Challenge: Finding Sarah by Sarah Fergu...
- Royal Book Challenge: My Decade With Diana by Maur...
- Royal Book Challenge: Moments - Reflections in wor...
- Catherine Cambridge, a 30th birthday reality check...
- Royal Book Challenge: Photographs by HRH The Princ...
- Royal Book Challenge: Debrett's A Modern Royal Mar...
- Royal Book Challenge: Queens' Jewels by Vincent Me...
- A (Crazy) Royal New Year Resolution
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2011 (131)
- ► 2010 (102)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)