Friday, January 13, 2012
Royal Book Challenge: Finding Sarah by Sarah Ferguson
Finding Sarah: A Duchess's Journey to Find Herself by Sarah Ferguson
After her disastrous involvement in the cash for access scandal in May 2010, Sarah Ferguon appeared on Oprah to give her side of the story. The end result of her appearance was a six-part reality series on Oprah's OWN network and this book.
Finding Sarah is annoying on many levels but it takes guts to reveal yourself. For all her public gaffes, she definitely has a gift. No matter what she does, you can't help but feel for her. Eventually. The first two chapters show Sarah in all her misunderstood glory. Just when I was about to give up on her and throw this book against the wall, she began her journey at Chapter 3. Much to my relief.
Throughout the excuses and explanations, her poetry, nuggets of wisdom, email excerpts from supportive friends, and ability to find herself better in exotic locales, she wore me down. I started futilely rooting for her as she finally (spoiler alert) found herself. All nicely wrapped up with an open ending for the inevitable sequel.
© Marilyn Braun 2012
Thank you for enjoying this article. If you use the information for research purposes, a link to credit the work I've put into writing it would be appreciated.
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
If you check the top left hand corner of the blog, just above recent articles, you'll see that I welcome questions on royalty. I love an...
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
63/500 In Public View: Nation's Album of the Royal Family Published 1984 200 Pages For a as long as the camera has ...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- Royal Book Challenge: Gin O'Clock by The Queen (of...
- Robert Lacey on the Queen and Diana
- Royal Book Challenge: Eating Royally by Darren McG...
- Pippa Middleton, close your eyes and think of Engl...
- Royal Book Challenge: Our Queen by Robert Hardman
- Royal Book Challenge: Finding Sarah by Sarah Fergu...
- Royal Book Challenge: My Decade With Diana by Maur...
- Royal Book Challenge: Moments - Reflections in wor...
- Catherine Cambridge, a 30th birthday reality check...
- Royal Book Challenge: Photographs by HRH The Princ...
- Royal Book Challenge: Debrett's A Modern Royal Mar...
- Royal Book Challenge: Queens' Jewels by Vincent Me...
- A (Crazy) Royal New Year Resolution
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2011 (131)
- ► 2010 (102)
- ► 2009 (97)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)