Charles and Camilla started the day by going home. Err, sort of. They visited historic Dundurn Castle in Hamilton, Ontario. The 72 room castle - which is more like a large mansion - was built by Camilla's great-great-great grandfather Sir Allan MacNab, Prime Minister of the United Provinces of Canada from 1854-56.
Upon arrival they were met by what must have been the largest crowd they'd encountered during their tour: more than 400 people. Possibly more than the rest of the people that greeted them in Newfoundland and Labrador combined. See? It pays to come to a province that people have heard of.
As they toured the castle I can only imagine the running commentary in Charles' head as he tries to keep a straight face. I'm reminded of the classic words of Crocodile Dundee which I'm paraphrasing - 'that's not a castle, now THIS (opening his wallet and pointing at a photo of Windsor) is a castle.' Charles tactfully kept these thoughts to himself while waving from the balcony of Dundurn.
The couple then went to tour HMCS Haida, a former military ship. During the tour Camilla gave us the ultimate crazy cat lady/bad hair day photograph. Or if she ever loses her mind, photographic proof when it started.
The couple also unveiled a plaque for future generations of royals to be photographed reading.
© Marilyn Braun 2009
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
When Princess Charlotte is christened on Sunday July 5th, she will traditionally be given five or six godparents/sponsors. Prince William ha...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
Hard to believe that it has been 18 years since Diana's death. I will never forget where I was when I heard she had been in an accident....
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ► 2011 (131)
- ► 2010 (102)
- The Royal Romance Report - Sunday November 29th, 2...
- Caption this photo!
- The Royal Report for Sunday November 22nd, 2009 - ...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 10...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 9
- Charles and Camilla's Royal Tour - Day 7 & 8
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 6
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 5
- Question: Charles and Camilla's poppies
- The Royal Report for Sunday November 8, 2009 - The...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 4
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 3 ...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 3
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 2
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 1
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour Coverage...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)