Well, Charles and Camilla have arrived in Canada and by the lack of coverage and enthusiasm you'd think they'd made a one hour stop over on their way to a warmer climate. Maybe we take the royals for granted, they're on our currency so seeing them in person is no big deal.
This visit, Charles 15th and Camilla's first, should receive more coverage, because it should have the curiosity factor - 'ah, that's what the third person in Diana's marriage looks like.' So far it hasn't but it doesn't hurt Charles. Let's be honest, Charles is not the drawing card he once was. And during his first visit in 1970 he had his parents and sister with him to guarantee people would come out. With the exception of the Queen, Charles on tour works better as a double-act. Bring someone attactive or higher ranking with him and he can't lose. Arrive by himself and, well who really cares, right? The minor royals suffer this indignity all of the time. Edward and Sophie were in our midst in June and had Hello! Canada not shown photos I wouldn't have been any the wiser. It's that bad.
So I'm taking control of this deplorable state of affairs and doing my own coverage. Or as much as I can do without actually accompanying them on tour. Forgive me for being a few days behind - they're already on Day 3! But I shall try to make up for it.
© Marilyn Braun 2009
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
When Princess Charlotte is christened on Sunday July 5th, she will traditionally be given five or six godparents/sponsors. Prince William ha...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
Hard to believe that it has been 18 years since Diana's death. I will never forget where I was when I heard she had been in an accident....
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ► 2011 (131)
- ► 2010 (102)
- The Royal Romance Report - Sunday November 29th, 2...
- Caption this photo!
- The Royal Report for Sunday November 22nd, 2009 - ...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 10...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 9
- Charles and Camilla's Royal Tour - Day 7 & 8
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 6
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 5
- Question: Charles and Camilla's poppies
- The Royal Report for Sunday November 8, 2009 - The...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 4
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 3 ...
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 3
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 2
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour - Day 1
- Charles and Camilla's Canadian Royal Tour Coverage...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)