Friday, May 06, 2005

Royal Watch - Day 1

As previously mentioned, the royals are behaving themselves. Therefore, I've decided to start a royal watch, every day, until someone in the British royal family does something interesting. I would prefer if it was an immediate member of the family gaffe, but I'll settle for a minor royal if necessary. This is what it's come to isn't it? Desperate times call for desperate measures. So, I will check my sources daily and try to summarize the more ordinary events. One would hope that this royal watch will not last long, but we will never know.

Summary for the day

  • Camilla meets some Avon ladies and greets them with 'Ding dong'. Apparently this is well before my time because this didn't happen to me when I sold Avon. I've been called a lot of things but 'ding dong' isn't one of them.
  • Queen hosts reception at the palace for 350 Canadians. So much politeness in one room. Apparently this event is supposed to get her "in the mood" for her upcoming trip to Canada.
  • Camilla will have three private secretaries. Maybe one will get sacked and write a tell-all book. Fingers crossed.
  • Charles and Camilla still married

2 comments:

MozyMozart said...

I always loved to know about Princess Diana and still do. I have my own thoughts about he death. What do you think? I think he killed her and doesn't care....he went back to his old lover.....what does that say???

Marilyn Braun said...

Unfortunately I think that Diana was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But apparently there are enough questions about her death that there's an official investigation:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page151.asp