Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pippa Middleton is a pain in the butt

I don't know about you but I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about Pippa Middleton's butt.

Since she sashayed into the collective consciousness with that kick-ass bridesmaids dress, people can't seem to get enough of her. Except maybe her sister. Sunday dinners at the Middleton's must be a bummer now.

Sure she looked nice, but must we really be subjected to continuously reading about her posterior? News stories such as plastic surgeons being inundated with requests for similar buns? The secret behind her tush is Pilate's? Obviously these news stories are designed to make the rest of lazy-bums feel inadequate.

If fame can be defined as being nominated for the cheeky sounding Britain's Rear of the Year, then Pippa has finally made it to the big leagues. (How do you put that award on your mantle anyways?)

Fame is fleeting, the best advice is for Pippa to put it all behind her. If she needs a kick in the rear, no doubt Kate will be first in line.

At least we know that this can't last forever. Or will we be reading about that too? "No it's all natural" she'll say, at the age of 99. Those of us still alive by that point will scoff. Every ones fanny succumbs to gravity sooner or later.

No if ands or butts.

OK, I'll stop now.

© Marilyn Braun 2011

Thank you for enjoying this article. If you use the information for research purposes, a link to credit the work I've put into writing it would be appreciated.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Ah Marilyn, I too am getting a little sick and tired of not just Pippa's butt but Pippa. It seems that Kate isn't the only one who sells magazines. People did a big story on her just after the wedding as did US Weekly. The Daily Mail is like her personal PR organ now. I hope that her upbringing keeps her levelheaded like it seems to have done Catherine. And as you said, I'm sure an icy glare from big sis will also do the trick.

Cheryl Ciucevich said...

Heh-heh! Do you realize you said "Bummer!" in this piece about Pippa's bum? Love it! (The article, not her rear end.)

What Kate Wore said...

The Pippa phenomenon seems to have taken on a life of its own, I completely underestimated the young woman's appeal. I receive emails daily (or tweets or FB inquiries) asking if I am going to do a "What Pippa Wore" blog as well. Like Elizabeth, I hope she is able to handle the extraordinary level of attention being directed her way.

As someone fairly new to regularly writing about any of the Middletons, one point of confusion is that I am not sure she doesn't enjoy the attention, if not encourage it....?

Regardless, I enjoyed your post Marilyn, well done. :)

Marilyn Braun said...

I can't get over all of the fuss about Pippa. She looks great but there have been articles taking her to task for some things she's done. Articles that say that she could damage the monarchy with her actions! Ridiculous. Yes she's related to a royal but she isn't one herself. She should be allowed to live her life without having to worry about the things she does. I don't think Uncle Gary turned into an altar boy. He's living his life, as Pippa should too.

Thanks WKW! I have fun with these types of articles.

I think that Pippa probably does enjoy the attention. I've read she's the more exibitionist of the two sisters. So she may not mind the attention, at least at the moment. It's only been a month after all! Maybe ask her in six months and see what she says then. ;)

0 said...

It's hard to tell what Pippa thinks of the attention. I can't imagine any woman would enjoy being followed by photographers and having her body and clothes scrutinized like this. But she seems to be handling the press the same way Catherine did all those years - she smiles at the photographers, but doesn't talk to them. Maybe if she sneered every now and then, we'd have some idea what her real thoughts are! I agree with you that Pippa and the rest of the Middletons should be entitled to their privacy.

denise said...

I agree. I am done hearing about Pippa's backside. Yes, it was a awesome dress, and the "hype and fight" of it was great for the moment, but the wedding is over now and so should the hype be as well. It is my understanding that Pippa is expected to serve as a Lady-in-Waiting to Kate down the road. Probably not though if all this Pippa madness does not die down soon. She seems ameniable enough...do not wish for her to become a public mockery because people are focusing on her backside all day long....

Marilyn Braun said...

There's such an intense amount of focus on her. Just saw photos of her running in a marathon! Seriously people should leave her alone. If anything I hope that she turns this attention to her advantage, maybe to help her business. Though if she's not careful I could see this backfiring on her.