Friday, July 13, 2007

My quest to prove I'm not royal

Some may look at me and think I've got something special about me. A certain je ne sais quoi. While I do have a picture of a princess on my profile (Princess Grace of Monaco), most people wouldn't mistake me for royalty in real life. At least that's what I thought. Yet the rumours persist. I've been unlucky in having the burden of people think I'm royalty. It's hard, it really is.

I don't remember when it started. It's always been there. As a baby my ears protruded. Maybe I shouldn't have dressed up as a princess for Halloween. Wearing a tiara at my wedding and pretending to do the royal wave didn't help. To this day people comment on my blue veins. Lab technicians say it's normal. But yet people persist in seeing this as evidence of my blue blood. Rest assured, I put my pantyhose on one leg at a time.

So recently I found a lawyer who was only too happy to take on my case. I've had to go to court, to prove that, in fact, those pictures of Princess Margaret circa 1972 do not show me in utero. It's just some middle age girth. It's so tiring to prove, time after time, that no, I'm not royalty. I produced childhood pictures of me that she didn't take.I presented my birth certificate to prove those are the names of my real parents. The judge ended up throwing the case out of court due to overwhelming lack of evidence. My hope is that this post will, ultimately establish the truth.

You will not find me anywhere on the family tree. I've even gone to Buckingham Palace for help, but they refuse to officially deny it. I don't want money. I don't want to be in line for the throne. I don't want wills to be unsealed. Wearing some of the jewels might be nice on occasion but all I want is for the rumours to stop.

For the record, I'm not a member of the royal family and I've never claimed to be. Please stop this insanity before it gets out of hand. Before the press latch on to my story. Before I start to question my own sanity.

Please.

© Marilyn Braun 2007

This article was inspired by a post on the World of Royalty Blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like royal books? Visit Marilyn's Royal Bookstore!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought you was a royal. Although we all have a royal connection somewhere in our blood, I have never mixed you up with being a actual royal. Just a person who respect's the Monarchy. Update the site a little more.

Marilyn Braun said...

Finally! Someone who believes me!