- Contrary to popular belief, when you meet the Queen, it's optional to curtsey or bow. You could do both but you might get a strange look.
- When you greet her, speak when spoken to. But don't tell her your life story. If you do, you may notice her shifting her purse as a signal for her staff to rescue her.
- Address her as 'Your Majesty' and 'Ma'am' thereafter. Do not call her 'Cabbage' or 'Lilibet'
- Shake her hand when she offers it. Be gentle - no hand crushing grips.
- Outside of handshakes, do not, under any circumstances, hug or touch her in any way. Kissing is completely innapropriate.
- Don't ask for her autograph
- Don't ask to pose with her or ask Prince Philip to take a picture of you together.
- Don't offer her food or gum. Even if she looks hungry.
- Above all remember, if in doubt be polite.
© Marilyn Braun 2007