- King Abdullah II of Jordan, is a big Star Trek fan. When he was Prince Abdullah, he appeared as an exra, in a non-speaking role, on a 1995 episode of Star Trek.
- Queen Rania of Jordan, King Abdullah's wife, is (currently) the world's youngest queen.
- When Princess Margriet of The Netherlands was born in 1943, the hospital she was born in, Ottawa Civic, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, was placed, temporarily, outside of the jurisdiction of Canadian law to ensure she would not have dual nationality.
- King Constantine of Greece won a gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome for sailing.
- King Olav V of Norway won a gold medal at the 1928 Summer Olympics for sailing.
- King George VI, as Prince Albert, played in 1926 at the All England Championships at Wimbledon in the men's doubles.
© Marilyn Braun 2007