- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was the first member of the royal family to be interviewed on television, this occured in May 1961
- In 1929, The Queen, (then Princess Elizabeth), made the cover of Time magazine for 'setting the babe fashion for yellow'
- The Queen has never given an interview
- Princess Beatrice's birthday - 8.8.88 - is considered to be extremely lucky in the Chinese calendar
- The Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen are both great-great-grandchildren of Queen Victoria
- Windsor Castle is the largest and oldest inhabited castle in the world
© Marilyn Braun