Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Marilyn's Royal Blog is 4 years old!

Not only is March 11th the 70th day of the year, but some historic events have occurred too:

In 1708, Queen Anne withheld Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill. The last time in history a monarch vetoes legislation.

In 1810, French Emperor Napoleon I was married by proxy to Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria.

In 1888 The Great Blizzard of 1888 begins

1889 Frederick IX of Denmark is born

1985 Mikhail Gorbachev becomes Soviet Leader

Another momentous occasion occurred on March 11th, 2005 Marilyn's Royal Blog delivered its first post. Who knew that it all started with a dream?

I have nothing funny or clever to add to this post so I thought I'd share links to the most popular posts of all time:

Jewels fit for a Queen

Royal Engagement Rings

Royal Weddings

Royal Wedding Dresses

I have no cake or balloons or delicious appetizers to offer so I will just express my thanks to all of the visitors, people who have commented and sent questions over the years. This blog started as a way to express and share my interest in the subject of royalty but it has become much more than that. It's become a way to connect with other royal watchers, who also might feel misunderstood by others for their passionate interest in all things royal. I'm glad I'm not alone now.

© Marilyn Braun 2009

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Royal Blogiversary! I read the link to your dream...it's precious- and yes, dreams do come true! Love your blog:)

Lucy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's four years already, but at the same time I can't believe there was a time your blog didn't exist! Congratulations. You have created something wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work and dreams here.

Sofia said...

Congratulations on your jubilee Marilyn!