Did you know...
- Peter and Zara Philips are the Queen's only untitled grandchildren.
- Peter Philips was the first royal baby to be born a commoner in more than 500 years.
- Peter Philips is the first grandson of a British sovereign to be born in a hospital.
- Prince William is the first direct heir to the throne to be born in a hospital.
- Princess Beatrice's date of birth 8/8/88 is considered to be extremely lucky in the Chinese calendar.
- Except for Princess Anne, the Princess Royal , all of the Queen's children have been born at Buckingham Palace. Princess Anne was born at Clarence House.
- Princess Eugenie of York, daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, was the first royal baby to have a public christening. This occured during morning service at St. Mary Magalene, Sandringham, in December 1990.
- In 1960, Prince Andrew was the first royal baby born to a reigning British sovereign since 1857.
- The Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen are both great-great-grandchildren of Queen Victoria.
- Princess Margaret was the first royal baby, so close in the line of succession, to be born in Scotland since Charles I in 1600.
- Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was born on a dining room table.
Royal Baby Names
Royal Baby Boom