Did you know...
- Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, is worshipped as a divine figure by the Iounhanan tribe on the island of Tanna in Vanuatu, in the South Pacific. He has never visited the island but upon hearing of his status, he sent a signed picture which is minded by an official guardian. As well, the Duke of Edinburgh Stone is an integral part of the tribe's daily life.
- The first member of the Royal Family to ride in a motor car was Queen Victoria's son, the Prince of Wales (later Edward VII)
- The longest serving royal consort is Queen Charlotte, the wife of King George III, from their marriage on 9 September 1761 until her death at the age of 74 on 17 November 1818, almost 57 years in total. The longest serving husband of a reigning queen is the Duke of Edinburgh.
- The only monarch to be born and die at Buckingham Palace was King Edward VII. He was born at the palace in 1841 and died there in 1910.
- The Queen does not own the Royal Palaces, works of art from the Royal Collection or the Crown Jewels. These are held by Her Majesty as Sovereign and must be passed to her successor in due course.
© Marilyn Braun 2006