Thursday, February 19, 2009
And The Excessively Diverting Blog Award goes to...ME!
I don't normally go in for these types of things. True I've been nominated before for various awards like this but I've kept my pride to myself, preferring to savor the accomplishment privately. In this case I've been swayed by the size of the badge - large, pleasant font, and with the name Jane Austen on it..well, who could refuse?
This nomination comes from the lovely blog Enchanted by Josephine . Thank you Ms Lucy! I hope that she doesn't mind my cutting and pasting the explanation.
"Started by the blogging team at Jane Austen Today the "aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove."
*Blush* Aww shucks..
But with this nomination comes responsibility. I need to pay it forward 7 times! So here are the blogs which I nominate so that they too can show off the impressive badge.
1) World of Royalty Blog - The posts take a minimalist approach to the subject of royalty and history. This has always conveyed an elegance which I haven't found with any other royal blog. Cinderella's week in review is very entertaining.
2) The Royal Representative - Mandy's respect for the subject is very clearly evident in her posts. A personal and informative royal blog with the occasional diatribe against Oliver Cromwell and Poet Laureates thrown in for good measure.
3) Mad Hattery - A blog entirely about royal hats! The good, the bad, and the "interesting". With clever commentary by Ella Kay.
4) Danish Royal Watchers - The only royal blog that exclusively covers the interesting and excessively photogenic Danish royals.
5) The Royal Twist. A new royal blog. What do you get when you take Sophia formerly of Sophia's Royal Sweden, Norwegianne formerly of Blog Royale and Maxie formerly of Toute Royal? You get The Royal Twist!
6) The Raucous Royals - A truly original royal blog. In a league of its own in terms of the subject and humourous yet informative approach to it. I'd say this is the best royal blog out there at the moment.
7) Lilibet's Royal Blog - "The Personal Blog of HM Queen Elizabeth II" Funny, irreverent. Who knew the Queen could be so amusing?
Phew! Now I'm going to cut and paste further instructions for everyone to pay it forward too!
Recipients, please claim your award by copying the HTML code of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award badge, posting it on your blog, listing the name of the person who nominated you, and linking to their blog. Then nominate seven other blogs that you feel meet or exceed the standards set forth. Nominees may place the Excessively Diverting badge in their side bar and enjoy the appreciation of their fellow blogger for recognition of their talent.
© Marilyn Braun 2009
At the risk of sounding as though I'm missing something, I don't understand the issue with Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I rec...
When Princess Charlotte is christened on Sunday July 5th, she will traditionally be given five or six godparents/sponsors. Prince William ha...
A new royal year begins. Thankfully every British royal survived 2016 and we royal watchers can all go back to our daily lives without worry...
Jerramy Fine has an unerring knack for provoking skeptical questions. Such as.. Did she really go to London to find her prince? Can ho...
Hard to believe that it has been 18 years since Diana's death. I will never forget where I was when I heard she had been in an accident....
In July we will be heading to London. My husband and I have been there twice but this will be a first time for our children. While we are ...
Other than Jennifer Aniston and Gwen Stefani, has any woman in the public eye been pregnant more often than Kate? If...
Never in the history of royal watching have we ever been so fascinated by another woman's skirt. Yes, we talk about the length and color...
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ► 2011 (131)
- ► 2010 (102)
- The Royal Report for Sunday March 1st, 2009 - Was ...
- Question: How can Charles be king?
- The Royal Report for Sunday February 22, 2009 - Is...
- And The Excessively Diverting Blog Award goes to.....
- Royal Review: The Official Site for the British Mo...
- Question: The Duchess of Windsor's Engagement Ring...
- The Royal Romance Report - Sunday February 15, 200...
- The Royal Report for Sunday February 8, 2009 - A S...
- Being a Princess-in-waiting is a tough job
- The Royal Report for Sunday February 1, 2009 - The...
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2008 (126)
- ► 2007 (132)
- ► 2006 (58)